September 21, 2023
700 College Dr-Ballroom
Hays, KS 67601
Fentanyl: The Facts (A Community Conversation)
Thursday, September 21, 2023
Join us for a community conversation about fentanyl awareness & prevention .All are welcome! Speakers will include local physicians, substance use counselors, & law enforcement. Light refreshments will be provided. Information & resource booths will be set up to learn more about local community resources.
Topics will include:
- Fentanyl fact vs. fiction
- How to obtain & safely use naloxone
- Symptoms of overdose
- Prevalence of fentanyl in Northwest Kansas
- Impact on teens & young adults
- Understanding trauma as a risk factor
- Treatments available for opioid use disorders
This event is held in partnership with: Hays Medical Center, Fort Hays State University Health & Wellness Services; Hays Police Department; Ellis County Crisis Intervention Team; DCCCA; Smoky Hill Foundation for Chemical Dependency.